Thursday, November 18, 2010

Heliboarding at MT Cook .


In July I got invited to go Heliboarding with N.Z Snowboarder Magazine up at Mt Cook.
We were there to shoot an article for next year's issue , an while Ive heli'd around Wanaka , Queenstown an Methven I've never been up an flown around Mt Cook , so I was pretty excited .

Just flying up to the zone was a rush in itself , flying past massive peaks , big open fields ,  huge spines an shutes just waiting to be discovered .

We had a pretty good day on the whole even tho the weather had its own ideas towards the end , we built a jump , rode some fun pow together an I hiked a chute .
At the end of the day we all had a big long run down an were blown away with just how much terrain there is up there an how much potential MT cook has .
Thanks to NZsnowboarder Mag , an look out for the article in 2011 .



View from the heli .

Frozen lake formations
A chute I rode.

Tasman Glacier  

Methods.

The kicker.